PAGINE PERSONALI DOTTORANDI
Currently I am at the 2nd year of my Ph.D. in Computer Science at DISCo (Dipartimento Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione), Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca, where I have received my B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science.
My research activity regards Algorithms and it's focused on Bioinformatic problems. My main interests are in the design and development of combinatorial algorithms, with particular attention at biological problems. I work on the study and the realization of applications for biological sequences analysis. I'm also interested in the study of computational complexity.
During the first year of my PhD I worked on the design of a computational model for the identification of Structural Variations between genomes using Next-Generation Sequencing data (short reads and paired-ends). I have also concentrated my attention on the realization of an algorithm for the characterization of alternative splicing events of genes, using RNA-seqs data.
The first year presentation of my PhD activity is available here.
Phone: +39 02 6448 7832
Address: Dept. Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione (DISCo)
Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca
Building U14 - Room 1047 (BIOINFO 2)
Viale Sarca 336, 20126 - Milano, Italy
Personal Page: Beretta Stefano on Bimib
- October 2006 - April 2009: Master's degree ("Laurea Specialistica") in Informatics (summa cum laude) from the University of Milano - Bicocca. Master's Thesis: "Algoritmi per la Predizione della Struttura Secondaria dell'RNA", Advisor: Prof. P. Bonizzoni, Co-Advisor: Prof. G. Della Vedova.
- October 2003 - October 2006: Bachelor's degree ("Laurea di Primo Livello") in Informatics from the University of Milano - Bicocca. Bachelor's Thesis: "Un framework per la simulazione di sistemi complessi: metodologie di visualizzazione scientifica", Advisor: Prof. G. Cattaneo, Co-Advisor: dott. F. Farina.
- September 1998 - July 2003: diploma of Informatics Engineering Technician ("Perito Industriale Capotecnico specializzato in Informatica"), high school "Istituto tecnico commerciale sperimentale - Alessandro Greppi", Monticello Brianza (LC), Italy.
Teaching Support Activities
Academic Year 2009 - 2010
- Assistant lecturer (additional lessons) for the course "Algorithms and Operative Research" ("Algoritmi e Ricerca Operativa"), University of Milano-Bicocca, Bachelor's degree in Informatics, second year;
- Tutor (teaching support) for the project "Sovvenzione Globale Learning Week Id 158" - title: "Informatica ieri, oggi e domani" - edition n. 286;
- Tutor (teaching support) for the course "Algorithms and Operative Research" ("Algoritmi e Ricerca Operativa"), University of Milano-Bicocca, Bachelor's degree in Informatics, second year;
Other relevant activities
- October 20047- May 2008: Tutor for the Informatics Laboratories of the Computer Science degrees, University of Milano-Bicocca.
|(C) Copyright 2016 - Dipartimento Informatica Sistemistica e Comunicazione
Viale Sarca, 336|
20126 Milano - Edificio U14
email@example.com - ultimo aggiornamento di questa pagina 11/07/2011