Where we are
Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication (DISCo) – Viale Sarca 336, building U14, 20126, Milan
How to reach us
The Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication is located in the north-east area of Milan, in the Bicocca district, in the U14 building of the University of Milan-Bicocca.
The building is located in a private street reachable from viale Sarca (near the intersection where thereis the Hotel degli Arcimboldi, see photo) and, only by foot, from via Sesto San Giovanni and the overpass of Sesto Marelli. Alternatively, you can reach the Department by foot from Via Chiese (Hangar Bicocca and Bicocca Village area).
By tram or bus
- Line 31: stop at Via Bignami, walk along Via Bignami, cross Viale Sarca and enter a private street leaving on the left the Hotel degli Arcimboldi, go straight for about 300 meters, and on your right you will find the U14 building
- Line 7: stop at Arcimboldi Ateneo Nuovo for buildings U6/U7 and Università Bicocca Scienza for buildings near Piazza della Scienza
- The stop at Stazione Greco allows the interchange with Eco-Bus Bicocca
- Line 87: the line runs through the campus itself and links the Sesto Marelli subway station to the Stazione Centrale railway station
- Line 51: stop at Via Sesto S. Giovanni - Via Porto Corsini; you will find a ramp, and a gate with pedestrian-only access to Viale Sarca 336, go straight for about 50 meters and, after the Hangar Bicocca, on your left you will find the U14 building.
- Line 81: stop at Via Sesto S. Giovanni - Via Porto Corsini; follow the same istructions as for line 51
- Line 728: stop at Milano Greco (end of the line)
Detailed information can be found on the ATM website.
The closest train station to the University of Milano-Bicocca is Milano Greco Pirelli, with direct service via the following railway lines:
- S9 Seregno-Milano S. Cristoforo
- S8 Lecco-Milano-Pta Garibaldi
- S11 Chiasso-Milano Pta Garibaldi
- Milano-Bergamo via Carnate
- Milano-Pavia- Voghera
The Milano Greco Pirelli railway station can be reached from the following railway stations:
- Milano Pta Garibaldi in about 7 minutes with 4 trains every hour;
- Milano Lambrate in about 7 minutes with the S9 railway line and all trains to and from Brescia, in addition to some trains from Piacenza and Voghera
- From the Milano Centrale railway station take bus 87.
Detailed information can be found on the Ferrovie dello Stato website.