The Department of Informatics, Systems and Communication (DISCo) of the University of Milano-Bicocca was established on January 1, 1999.
The Department's research activities are grouped into five macro-areas:
- Foundations of Computer Science, Computational Life Sciences and Bioinformatics
- Software Engineering and Architecture
- Web and Information Systems
- Intelligent sensing (Robotics, Real-Time Systems, and Computer Vision)
- Artificial Intelligence and Decision Systems
The Department gathers 18 research laboratories, which host interns, undergraduates and doctoral students who collaborate in the numerous research projects in which the permanent staff is involved.
The Department has activated a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree in Computer Science. The teaching offer also includes the Master's Degree course in Theory and Technology of Communication, in collaboration with the Faculty of Psychology and the Master's Degree course in Data Science, in collaboration with the Department of Economics, Quantitative Methods and Business Strategies and the Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods.