The Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication, through its Departmental Orientation Commission, organizes numerous orientation initiatives during each academic year. There are meetings with both informative and formative objectives aimed primarily at students who are considering enrolling, but also at Secondary School teachers.
- Presentation of the Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science during the Open Days of the University and the Open Days of the School of Science, organized in collaboration with the University Orientation Commission.
- Presentation of the Master’s Degree Courses in Computer Science, Data Science and Theory and Technology of Communication (TTC) during a day in which lecturers, representatives of the business world, and former students of these Degree Courses take part. The meeting is aimed both at students of the Degree Course in Computer Science and students of other Degree Courses, both internal and external to our University.
- “Lezioni Lincee di Scienze Informatiche”, an event organized in collaboration with the Accademia dei Lincei with the aim of highlighting the intellectual challenges that lie behind the technologies and to make students and teachers of Secondary Schools understand that the power and correct functioning of modern computer systems (even the most frequently used ones such as search engines, on-line banking and on-line purchasing of products and services) are based on scientific bases and complex mathematical methodologies. In other words, we would like to make students aware that even behind the playful and sometimes “frivolous” aspect of computer science there are advanced algorithmic techniques that require scientific skills that are anything but trivial and, at the same time, that, despite the proliferation of fascinating applications, the problems still open in the field of computer science represent an unlimited space for young people who know how to accompany a lively creativity with solid logical-mathematical foundations.
- "NERD"? (Non è Roba per Donne? Isn't it Women's Stuff?)" event in collaboration with IBM whose aim is to involve the girls of classes III, IV, and V of Secondary Schools towards Computer Science, the intellectual challenges it poses and the opportunities it offers to women.
- "Primavera in Bicocca", an event organized in collaboration with the Orientation Commission of the University, aimed at students in the IV and V year of Secondary Schools with the aim of communicating the creative, eclectic, and multidisciplinary aspects of Computer Science. Specifically, researchers from the Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication will hold introductory lectures on fascinating research contexts of great applicative interest and will highlight their relationship with the educational offer of the Courses of Studies in Informatics (Bachelor’s and Master’s Courses).
- Presentation of the Degree Course in Computer Science at the Secondary Schools that request it.
- Weekly internship for students of classes III and IV of Secondary Schools with the aim of introducing them, through lessons and workshop activities, to different contents of Computer Science.